The presence of some of the world’s top airlines in the Gulf region has certainly made travel easier and more convenient in the past few years, and with travel comes pictures, and with pictures comes Instagram of course! The Instagrammers below are some of my biggest regional travel inspirations whether for the amazing quality of pictures they take and/or because of the unusual destinations they go to.
1. @traveljunkiediary: Needs no introduction really — the woman, the legend! Michelle seems to be off to a new destination almost each month, and her photography and editing style are soothing and transport you immediately to the moment with her. Michelle also runs #TravelWithTJD which is a project that frequently takes people on trips around the world so make sure you keep an eye on her account for future runnings! (Home base: Dubai)
2. @oia9: I started following this Kuwait-based dude only a few weeks ago but a quick look on his account will make you understand why he is now one of my favorites. From secluded locations to familiar locations with a twist, he’s got your wanderlust urges covered. (Home base: Kuwait)
3. @zozalajail: Zoz is one of the first people I followed on Instagram. All his pictures have a unique editing style and cover everything from destinations, food, and people. (Home base: Qatar)
4. @dennisstever: One of my favorite travel photographers simply because of the varying editing styles he applies on his already great pictures from around the world. (Home base: Dubai)
5. @halzaim: Hamdi’s account is the definition of wanderlust. His unique editing style turns the simplest of pictures into something you would only see in your dreams. (Home base: KSA)
And now time for a shameless plug!
6. @gmr83: Last but not least, you can also check out my Instagram account for some of my travel and lifestyle pictures. (Home base: Dubai)
Who are your favorite GCC travel instagrammers?