Last week, I decided to spend the weekend in Abu Dhabi, particularly at the Hyatt Capital Gate hotel. After a one hour drive from Dubai, we arrived at Hyatt Capital Gate which is easily recognizable from a distance as not only one of Abu Dhabi’s highest buildings but also as the world’s most leaning tower with a record-breaking 18 degrees – that’s four times as much lean as the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
The hotel features the following:
- 189 guestrooms including 22 suites between the 18th to 33rd floors of the Capital Gate building
- Outdoor pool with unsurpassed views of the city and coastline
- Abu Dhabi’s only “spa-in-the-sky” experience, Rayana Spa is perched on the 19th floor overlooking the city
- Easy access to the massive Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC)
As always, you can follow me on Instagram (@gmr83) for pictures of the hotel and other places around the world.
What I Liked About Hyatt Capital Gate
- Accessibility: Of all the hotels I stayed in in the UAE, Hyatt Capital Gate is perhaps the friendliest to physically challenged guests. The hotel not only has the standard wheelchair-accessible doors, but also audible smoke alarms, roll-in showers, accessible sink and vanity area, accessible bathroom towel rack, in-room check-in, and a specialized safety and security team on hand for assistance. The fact that they are willing to go the extra mile to ensure the comfort of ALL their guests puts them high in my opinion.
- Staff/Service: The staff at Hyatt Capital Gate are incredibly friendly. Despite having an issue with my room which mandated an immediate change in rooms, I was upgraded to a magnificent suite. The staff are genuinely helpful whether it is at the reception or the restaurant.
- Breakfast: While not as lavish as many other hotels in the UAE, I really liked the breakfast at Hyatt Capital Gate, perhaps because everything tasted fresh and because nothing seemed to go to waste – i.e. the breakfasts are made in an adequate amount to be consumed by the guests. The live egg, waffle, and pancake stations always earn a bonus point in my opinion.
- Exterior/Interior design and decoration: The design of the Hyatt Capital Gate is a photographer’s dream, not only for the fact that it is the world’s most leaning tower, but also due to the interior looking like part of The Matrix movie.
- Location: If you are following me on Instagram (@gmr83), you probably know how much I love Sheikh Zayed Mosque, which is only a 5-minute drive from the Hyatt Capital Gate. The hotel is also a few minutes away from Abu Dhabi International Airport, Reem Island, and Yas Island, and around 90 minutes away from Dubai International Airport.
What I Didn’t Like About Hyatt Capital Gate
Nothing really, despite having an issue with my first room which I will not dwell on here, but it was quickly and professionally resolved by the staff. Special thanks to Florian for his proactive approach.